Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Springstone Discovers Geocaching!

An important day in the life of this blogger, this is the day I found out about Geocaching!

I am a gadget freak, love all manner of gadgets, and no respectable gadget freak could exist without owning at least one GPS receiver. I happened to own two, one for the car of course, and one that was just better than that one :)

But, until this fateful day, my GPS served as my guide through Dubai and the United Arab Emirates, helping me find my way, and ensuring I don't get horribly lost anymore (I have a great deal of experience in getting lost in Dubai - holy moly, one wrong turn and you can spend hours trying to find your way out).

Then I found out about geocaching! Someone was telling me about it and a get together of friends or something - it's a blur *hic* - and all I remembered was that it really sounded awesome, like good fun, and a great excuse to get out! (Being in IT, my skin gets more pale as the years go by, rarely venturing out doors, opting to stay home and play with my many toys!)

The following day as my memory was jolted into action, I suddenly remembered something about geocaching... so I googled it! And after spending a few minutes reading about it, promptly registered myself! Best thing I could have ever done, what a fantastic hobby/sport!

And so the adventure begins...

No comments: